Job Description of Chef – Full-time
Reporting directly to: Chef De Cuisine
The Chef will be working within the Archbishop’s Seminary’s Hospitality Kitchen. Working within a team, the Kitchen staff prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner for the Seminary residents and for the Hospitality clients that make use of the venues of the Seminary.
The required person will have experience working in a large scale kitchen and be familiar with the operations of such a kitchen.
- Work under the guidance of the Chef de Cusine and within a team
- Responsible for food preparation and presentation for large groups of people
- Involved in the estimate of required supplies such as ingredients.
- Ensure all areas, equipment and supplies conform to required standards
- Ensure sanitation practices are adhered to
- Work on a flexible basis including weekends
- Any related work allocated to him/her by the Chef de Cusine.
Conditions of Work
Conditions of work are as per Contract of Employment
- Food handling course required
- Culinary related certificates will be considered an asset
- Those with experience will be given preference